Friday, March 15, 2019

This Quiet Joy

I spent some time exploring a little bit of downtown Brisbane, Australia while I was there to visit my brother and his lovely family. 
It was my first time to go and I really loved it--the trip was good for my soul and just what I needed to get out of Chicago's bitter cold. 
It was also very nice being on my own and on unfamiliar grounds--there's a freedom to just take it all in, take one's time, and do exactly as one pleases.
Lately I've been thinking how I waste so much time just mulling over decisions, and then giving up, and hurrying on the next thing. 
It seems the more choices I have, the longer it takes for me to make any kind of decision
 and the more in a hurry I have to be
-and on and on, a never ending cycle. So I tried something else while I was there
I took fewer photos and instead tried to focus on each little moment's quiet joy.
So now these are pretty much almost all of the photos I took downtown.
We did go up and down the Gold Coast of Australia
a very beautiful part of the world, 
but those are for another post. :))

6 comments:

  1. decisions ... some can be made easily ... some take more time.
    thanks for sharing the photos of your trip to brisbane. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi George, thanks for the thought on decisions--this trip was an unusual spur-of-the-moment decision and i am so glad i did it...i had the best time there :))

      Delete
  2. an uncommon reportage,very cool portraits as usual!! ew :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you ew!! australians are very friendly and cool :))

      Delete
  3. Your photos are awesome. Interesting variety.

    ReplyDelete