Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Feeling More Than Knowing

 

I've been away from my photo blog mostly because I haven't been doing much photography. It's hard for me to "see" right now with my camera. But I've been finding other ways through it--by "it" I mean the weariness that has come over me from the months and months of minding the virus and the news of the world while trying to stay sane and balanced--I'm sure I'm not alone in feeling like this. I made this video in the hopes that it might capture the thing inside me that wants to be let out. Some of these are pages out of my art journal, mingled with the odd snippets of video from my phone, as well as some other work I've put on canvas boards and paper. There are watercolors I did in the spring, when the pandemic was new, inspired by a set of Renoir postcards my sister gave me; and there are little landscapes from that one road trip last fall;  there's a slightly ghastly portrait of my lovely dad (sorry dad :)), and a few other faces as well, and lastly, things that I can only call abstract landscapes which I feel speak the loudest of the mischmasch going on inside my head. Thank you dear friends, for walking beside me through the good times and the hard. I hope you like it--the music is by Siddhartha Corsus and this beautiful piece is called "Ancient Hearth"(from the free music archive).

6 comments:

  1. It's a nice video. Good pictures and music. I wish you had a better portrait of your dad though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much George, i'm happy you like it--about my dad i think he would have had a good laugh at it and asked me why i gotta do him like that LOL?

      Delete
  2. absolutely great,videos and paintings!!it s fragment of life,very peaceful to watch.thanks a lot for sharing!!:) ew

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much ew!! so happy this has a calming effect--i chose the music because of it... i hope to share more art, photos and life as the days come by :))

      Delete
  3. It is really very touching and moving. I missed this episode, and I think it's beautiful. I understand the state of mind I'm still in despite everything. I understand the state of mind I'm still in despite everything. This epidemic has left me feeling very lonely, and for a long time I thought I was resisting, but now I seem to be losing my footing. I'm much less inspired and I have much less desire to do things. Your film gives me back some courage, and suggests to me, quietly, that other things are possible and that beauty remains if we know how to see it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much my friend, i've been suffering from the same loss of direction, the same loss of inspiration, and making this little film was an exercise in feeling my way out of the dark... xx

      Delete