Wednesday, October 27, 2021

To Say Goodbye Is To Die A Little

Goodbye, Paris, sister city of my heart
You were beautiful, as always
and though your towers, your monuments and bridges
have always drawn those in search of your essence
 its often better found in open doorways
and windows
because its there you see the honest work of
hands and the tenderness of
 
touch from the care with which they are created.
 

Thank you for the indifference you show me
for it's through this very indifference that lets me learn the art of seeing you.
Until we meet again, bisous ❤️

 
 
*The research residency was a very interesting and intense time. We did a lot of walking (8-10 miles a day in some cases) took a lot of photos, presented and talked about our work at the Paris College of Art, listened to numerous lectures by curators, artists and historians and hosted an Open Studio at the historic atelier of the painter Amedeo Modigliani. Special thanks to Arnaud for being my guest at the Open Studio and for the walks we took around the neighborhoods.  I'm still re-adjusting to the time change but will get back to blogging again very soon. Until then, thank you, my friends, for checking in on me :))

6 comments:

  1. It was nice to see you and your work. I really enjoyed showing you around the city. I hope now that you will let all the emotions and discoveries rest and turn them into beautiful creations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much, it was such a rewarding experience, and very special for the things you showed me. yes it will take some time to process it all but i am already getting back to work...thank you my friend

      Delete
  2. awesome post,i were in Paris in 1990,and this is a time machine for m :)e ! ew

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi ew! thank you, so glad this reminded you of a nice time!! :))

      Delete
  3. Glad to know you had a good time in Paris.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much George, every time i go, i find it harder and harder to leave :))

      Delete